- This event has passed.
Ice Skating at Caerphilly Castle – Christmas 2018
23 November, 2018 @ 5:00 pm - 9 December, 2018 @ 3:00 pm£5 – £22
Christmas is a magical time of year. So, why not make it even more special this year by ice skating within the grounds of the beautiful and majestic Caerphilly Castle for the first time ever?
Yes, this year Caerphilly Castle are offering the ultimate Christmas experience with the chance to go ice skating in their stunning grounds this November and December. There will also be food and drink available as well as lots of Christmas cheer and even the opportunity to visit Father Christmas himself during the Christmas Market weekend (tickets for this go on sale 1st November 2018)..
The wonderful opportunity to ice skate in this spectacular 750 year old castle will run start with the fantastic Caerphilly by Twilight event on the 23rd November and will run until 9th December 2018.
These sessions run most days from 12-8pm on the hour and cost only £5 for children, £7 for adults and £22 for a family of four. Please see below for additional information.
Tickets for the ice skating will be back on sale 10am Sunday 28th October 2018. Please click here to book tickets.
Tickets to visit Father Christmas in his grotto on the 8th and 9th December will go on sale on the 1st November 2018.
- You do not have to pay admission to go ice skating. However, if you want to visit the rest of this spectacular castle, (past the area designated for the ice rink based just on the inside of the outer walls), you will have to pay.
- Children 3-7 years of age are permitted to skate when accompanied by an adult.
- Visitors in wheelchairs are more than welcome to enter the ice rink, but must be joined by a companion.
- Autism friendly sessions will take place on Sunday 2nd December at 10am and Monday, 3rd December at 12pm.
- There will be six penquins (skating walkers) costing £5 per session. First come, first served basis.
- Skate hire is included in the ticket price.
- Crepes, sweets, soft drinks, and beer will all be available to buy within the castle.
- The event will not be extended past the 9th December 2018.
- The rink is real ice.
- To book, simply please click here and select your chosen date and time.
- To visit Father Christmas on the Christmas Market weekend, please go here. Tickets cannot be purchased until after 1st November 2018.
To find out more about the fantastic Christmas events running in and around the castle, please click below:
If you’re planning on booking a day trip or a longer tour, BEST Travel offer a personal service, including local departures and complimentary drinks and snacks. Please click here for details or to follow their Facebook page for updates and news, please click here!”