After the crazy year we’ve had, we’re really looking forward to seeing your entries for The Big Phill Photo Competition 2020!
Our annual photo competition over the last three years has centred on beautiful images of the picturesque county we live in and has helped restore our pride in our wonderful home. However, this year, we’ve decided to change it slightly and focus our competition on this unforgettable year itself, ‘2020 – The Year of Change and Courage’
Therefore, we’re asking you to send in images that illustrate how we’ve all grown, changed and coped the challenges we’ve faced together in 2020. These photographs could focus on an array of areas; including (but not limited to) people delivering food parcels, homeschooling, clapping for the NHS, visiting friends on the their door step, images of babies born and pictures from those daily walks that helped keep us all sane.
This year has changed us. It’s made us think differently, face adversity that we never expected and helped us to really value what is important to us. The craziness isn’t over but hopefully by looking back and recognising what we have overcome so far, we will gain the strength needed to carry on. So let’s celebrate how we’ve kept our heads above water, smiled through the tears and helped each other get through 2020, the strangest year of our existence.
With regards to prizes, unlike previous years, I did not feel comfortable asking small businesses to contribute in a year that has seen them face so much hardship. However, the fantastic Captiva Spa and Kelly Daniel Photography have both kindly offered two wonderful prizes. A Cosy and Snug Christmas Massage for Two at the delightful Captiva Spa and a free family location photo shoot with the talented Kelly.
The only other change to the competition is that this year we ask those that enter to purchase just one item from their local high street. I won’t ask for proof of purchase but I would like to use our competition as a way of helping to support our local economy. This is something we will all benefit from.
Please see below for our competition rules and prizes:
- All entrants must ‘Like’ The Big Phill – Caerphilly Facebook page and ask photographs entered must be images of somewhere in the Caerphilly County Borough.
- All photographs must have been taken during this year (2020).
- Entrants can submit up to five photos via our Facebook page post (please click here to go through to our Facebook page). Photographs can be in colour or black and white.
- Images may be digitally enhanced to remove spots or scratches, but not manipulated. Entrants can enhance the picture to make it brighter, clearer etc, but not manipulate the content.
- Entrants are required to purchase an item from their local high street to help support their local economy.
- Each entry should be marked with where the photo was taken.
- The competition closes at midnight on Friday 14th November.
- All entries will be shortlisted on Facebook (details to follow) and then the winner will by judged by a small panel of judges. The prizes will include the winning and runner up photographs becoming the new cover pictures for The Big Phill Facebook page and website and a spa treatment at the fantastic Captiva Spa.
- All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party. The entrants must be the sole owner of copyright in all photographs entered and must have obtained permission of any people featured in the entries or their parents/guardians if children under 16 are featured. Further, entrants must not have breached any laws when taking their photographs.
- Prior to submission, entrants must not have offered any of their entries for sale, been paid for any publication of any of their entries or won or been a runner up in any other photographic competition with any of their entries.
- Entrants will retain copyright in the photographs that they submit to the competition. By entering the competition all entrants grant to The Big Phill the right to publish and exhibit their photographs on their social media outlets and website.
- By entering, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these rules.