After the success of 2017 and 2018, we’re really looking forward to this year’s photo The Big Phill Photo Competition!
Our annual photo competition helps to show what a beautiful county we live in. and our theme for this year is People and Places. We love seeing all of your photographs and cannot wait to see this year’s entries. To enter simply click here to insert a digital image of our beautiful county on to the comment sections of our competition post (The Big Phill Photo Competition).
This year there will be a slight twist as there will be TWO winners for two different categories!
The first will category will be for for the best image from a digital camera and the second will be for images captures on a camera phone (so please specify your choice of equipment when you enter your photograph). There will also be two runner ups in each category The two winners will not only get the chance to become The Big Phill’s cover photo (and have their images represent Caerphilly on our website and Instagram), but will also win their first choice from the following prizes:
- A one hour outdoor baby photo shoot with Darren Martin.
- A family cube photo session from Stevie Roberts.
- Any item from Nicola Downie’s amazing autumn floral collection.
- £25 voucher for Love Nature Creations.
- A watercolour print from Foxy Peach Crafts.
- A framed personalised papercut worth up to £35 from Everlilly Crafts.
- A standard 55 minute Reflexology, Reiki or Indian Head Message plus initial consultation with Optimum Health and Wellbeing.
- £10 voucher for Vegan Box.
- A family meal for four from Ship Deck.
- A £20 voucher for Lazy Panda.
- A £25 voucher, large bouquet or twelve boxed cupcakes from Beck’s Cakes.
- A choice of Angeli Reiki, Angel Therapy (including Oracle Card reading), crystal healing and Seraphim Healing from Therapy With Jane.
- A class voucher for a creative craft class with Queen Bee Crafts.
- A dog hamper with Frankly Hampers.
- A handmade Christmas Wreath from Handmade Crafts from Caerphilly.
Please see below for our competition rules and prizes:
- All photographs entered must be images of somewhere in the Caerphilly County Borough.
- Entrants can submit up to five photos via our Facebook page post (please click here to go through to our Facebook page). Photographs can be in colour or black and white£
- Images may be digitally enhanced to remove spots or scratches, but not manipulated. Entrants can enhance the picture to make it brighter, clearer etc, but not manipulate the content.
- Entrants must declare on the Facebook post whether the photo was taken by a camera or a phone. This is because there are two categories.
- Each entry should be marked with where the photo was taken.
- The competition closes at midnight on Friday 29th November.
- All entries will be shortlisted on Facebook (details to follow) and then the two winners and runner ups will by judged by a small panel of judges. Prizes will include the winning photographs becoming the new cover pictures for The Big Phill Facebook page and website as well as a choice of the prizes listed below.
- All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party. The entrants must be the sole owner of copyright in all photographs entered and must have obtained permission of any people featured in the entries or their parents/guardians if children under 16 are featured. Further, entrants must not have breached any laws when taking their photographs.
- Prior to submission, entrants must not have offered any of their entries for sale, been paid for any publication of any of their entries or won or been a runner up in any other photographic competition with any of their entries.
- Entrants will retain copyright in the photographs that they submit to the competition. By entering the competition all entrants grant to The Big Phill the right to publish and exhibit their photographs on their social media outlets and website.
- By entering, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these rules.
Please go here to find out more about the wonderful prizes on offer: